Grilled Lamb Skewers with Cucumber Salad
- SERVINGS: 6
- 2 tablespoons cumin seeds
- 2 tablespoons coriander seeds
- 1 1/2 teaspoons red chile powder
- 3/4 teaspoon Sichuan peppercorns
- 1 1/2 teaspoons caraway seeds
- 1 medium seedless cucumber, diced
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 small red onion, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 4 pickled garlic cloves, thinly sliced, plus 2 tablespoons pickling liquid
- 1/4 cup distilled white vinegar
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 pounds trimmed boneless leg of lamb, cut into 1-inch dice
- In a skillet, toast the cumin, coriander, chile powder and Sichuan peppercorns over moderate heat, shaking the pan, until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Transfer to a spice grinder and let cool. Finely grind the spices and transfer to a bowl.
- Toast the caraway in the skillet over moderate heat until fragrant, 2 minutes. Transfer to a bowl; add the cucumber, tomatoes, onion, garlic, pickling liquid and vinegar. Season with salt and pepper.
- Light a grill. Thread the lamb onto metal skewers. Season with salt and pepper and then the ground spices. Grill over moderately high heat until well browned outside and pink inside, 3 minutes per side. Transfer to a platter and serve with the cucumber salad.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.