- 1/2 cup distilled white vinegar
- 1/2 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tablespoon agave nectar
- 1 yellow onion, thinly sliced (1 1/2 cups)
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground white pepper
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil, plus more for grilling
- 2 pounds trimmed leg of lamb, cut into 1-inch pieces
- Freshly ground black pepper
How to make this recipe
- In a medium bowl, combine the white vinegar with the Dijon mustard and agave nectar. Stir in the onion slices and season with salt and white pepper.
- Light a grill or preheat a grill pan and oil the grates. In a large bowl, toss the lamb with the 1 tablespoon of peanut oil and season generously with salt and black pepper. Thread the lamb pieces onto 8 skewers. Grill the lamb over moderate heat, turning occasionally, until it is charred in spots, 6 to 7 minutes for medium meat. Transfer the lamb skewers to a platter and serve with the mustard onions.
The mustard onions can be refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 2 days.
Nutty amber ales complement the smokiness of grilled meats.