© William Meppem
Grilled Lamb Chops with Tahini Sauce
- TOTAL TIME: 25 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
More Amazing Lamb Recipes
- 1/2 cup loosely packed cilantro leaves, plus 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro, for garnish
- 2 small garlic cloves
- 10 large mint leaves
- 1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon freshly groun black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ground fennel seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Pinch of cinnamon
- Kosher salt
- 8 lamb chops, 1/2 to 3/4 inch thick (2 1/4 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon tahini paste
- 2 tablespoons hot water
- In a food processor, combine the 1/2 cup of cilantro leaves with the garlic and mint and pulse until coarsely chopped. Add 1/3 cup of the lemon juice, 1 tablespoon of olive oil, the paprika, black pepper, cumin, turmeric, fennel seeds, cayenne, cinnamon and 1 teaspoon of kosher salt. Process until a paste forms. Put the chops in a baking dish, pour the marinade over them and turn to coat.
- Light a grill or preheat a grill pan. Grill the chops over a medium-high fire for 8 minutes, turning once, until an instant-read thermometer inserted in the thickest part of a chop registers 125° to 130° for medium rare. Transfer the chops to a platter and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk the tahini and water with the remaining 2 tablespoons of lemon juice and 1 1/2 tablespoons of olive oil. Garnish the chops with the chopped cilantro and serve with the tahini sauce.