© Frances Janisch
Grilled Lamb Chops with Provençal Dressing
- SERVINGS: 4
- 2 large anchovy fillets
- 1 small garlic clove, smashed
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 Calamata or Niçoise olives, pitted and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon very finely chopped thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon very finely chopped rosemary
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Twelve 4-ounce baby lamb rib chops
- In a mini food processor, pulse the anchovy fillets with the smashed garlic and the lemon juice until finely minced. Add the olive oil and process the anchovy mixture until smooth. Add the chopped olives, thyme and rosemary and pulse to blend. Season the Provençal dressing lightly with salt and pepper and reserve.
- Light a grill or preheat a cast-iron grill pan. Season the lamb chops generously with salt and pepper. Grill the lamb chops over high heat, turning them once, until browned all over, about 7 minutes for medium-rare meat. Transfer the lamb chops to a large serving platter, spoon the Provençal dressing on top and serve.