Grilled Lamb Chops with Marjoram Butter and Zucchini
- ACTIVE: 25 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 1 HR
- SERVINGS: 4 to 6
Sweet, floral marjoram is Rachel Allen’s favorite herb with grilled lamb, but this infused butter is as delicious with steak or meaty fish.
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
- 1 scant tablespoon minced marjoram
- 1 medium garlic clove, finely grated
- 3/4 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- Twelve 4- to 6-ounce lamb rib chops
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for brushing
- 2 medium zucchini—halved lengthwise, seeded and cut crosswise 1/2 inch thick
- In a small bowl, mix 6 tablespoons of the butter with the marjoram, garlic and lemon juice. Season the butter with salt and pepper. Wrap the butter in a sheet of plastic wrap and shape into a log. Twist the ends to seal and refrigerate until firm, 30 minutes.
- Light a grill or preheat a grill pan. Brush the lamb chops with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill over high heat, turning once or twice, until nicely charred outside and medium-rare within, 6 minutes total. Transfer the chops to a platter and immediately top each one with a slice of the marjoram butter.
- In a large skillet, melt the remaining 2 tablespoons of plain butter. Add the zucchini and a pinch each of salt and pepper and cook over high heat, tossing, until crisp-tender, 3 minutes. Serve the lamb chops with the zucchini and the remaining marjoram butter.
Berried French Cabernet Franc.