- 1/2 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley, plus leaves for garnish
- 1/3 cup cured green olives, such as Sicilian, pitted and chopped
- 1/3 cup cured black olives, such as Calamata, pitted and chopped
- 1/3 cup green olives stuffed with pimientos, chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 anchovy fillets, rinsed and minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Twelve 4-ounce lamb rib chops
- Lemon wedges, for serving
- In a small bowl, combine the parsley, olives, lemon juice, anchovies, garlic and 5 tablespoons of the olive oil; season with salt and pepper.
- Light a grill or preheat a grill pan. Brush the lamb chops with the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil and season generously with salt and pepper. Grill the chops over a medium-hot fire until browned outside and medium rare within, 5 to 6 minutes per side. Set 2 lamb chops on each plate and spoon the olive salsa on top. Garnish with lemon wedges and parsley leaves and serve.
Grilled lamb always has an affinity with Cabernet Sauvignon. But the briny olive salsa also makes a rich Petite Sirah a good alternative.