Grilled Lamb Chops with Garlic, Chiles and Anchovies
- TOTAL TIME: 30 MIN Plus overnight marinating
- SERVINGS: 8
- 3/4 cup pure olive oil
- One 2-ounce can oil-packed anchovies, oil reserved
- 3 red jalapeños, thinly sliced
- 8 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup packed mint leaves
- 1 tablespoon packed marjoram leaves
- 24 baby lamb rib chops (about 3 ounces each)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- In a small bowl, combine the olive oil with the anchovy oil and jalapeños. On a cutting board, chop the anchovies with the garlic, mint and marjoram until minced and add to the bowl. Arrange the lamb chops in a baking dish, top with the marinade and turn to coat. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight. Bring to room temperature before grilling.
- Light a grill. Scrape the marinade off the lamb and season the chops with salt and black pepper. Grill over high heat, turning once or twice, until nicely charred outside and medium-rare within, about 6 minutes. Transfer the chops to a platter and let rest for 5 minutes before serving.
Syrah generally makes a good partner for lamb, and deep, rich Syrah from Washington state's Columbia Valley goes especially well with this dish.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.