Grilled Lamb Chops with Cumin-Paprika Salt
- TOTAL TIME:
- SERVINGS: 4
Chef Way The Clarks sometimes make this recipe with lamb chops, but they also love spicing lamb shoulder with cumin and paprika, then slow-roasting it.
Easy Way Stick with lamb chops, which cook quickly and are full of flavor.
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- Pinch of cayenne
- 12 lamb rib chops (about 4 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- Light a grill or heat a grill pan. In a small bowl, combine the cumin, sea salt, paprika and cayenne. Brush the lamb chops on one side with some of the melted butter and sprinkle the buttered side with some of the spiced salt.
- Grill the lamb chops spiced side down until charred, about 4 minutes. Brush the chops with the remaining melted butter and sprinkle with the remaining spiced salt. Flip the chops and grill for 3 to 4 minutes longer for medium-rare meat.
Lamb and Rioja make a natural pair, as the wine's bright cherry fruit complements gamey flavors. Look for the 2003 Ramón Bilbao Edición Limitada or the aromatic, complex 2004 Artadi Viñas de Gain.