- 2 cups blackberries
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon chopped mint
- 1 tablespoon drained prepared horseradish
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for brushing
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Eight 4- to 5-ounce loin lamb chops (1 inch thick), trimmed
How to make this recipe
- In a medium saucepan, cook the blackberries with the sugar over moderately high heat until they are softened but still hold their shape, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a bowl and stir in the mint, horseradish, lime juice and the 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Season with salt and pepper and let cool.
- Light a grill or preheat a grill pan. Brush the lamb chops with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill over a medium-hot fire until medium rare, about 2 minutes per side. Serve with the blackberry relish.
The blackberry relish can be refrigerated for 2 days. Let return to room temperature before serving.
An intense Merlot or Rh&o#244;ne-blend Cabernet Sauvignon with hints of fruit will stand up to the pungent lamb and echo the fruit in the tart blackberry relish.