- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tablespoon dried Greek oregano
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 12 lamb rib chops (about 3 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped mint
- Baked Stuffed Tomatoes with Lamb and Fresh Herbs, for serving
How to make this recipe
- Light a grill. In a bowl, whisk the lemon juice with the mustard, oregano and the 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Season the ladolemono with salt and pepper.
- Drizzle the lamb chops with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill over high heat until nicely charred outside and medium-rare within, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Transfer the chops to a platter and drizzle with the ladolemono. Sprinkle with the parsley and mint and serve with the stuffed tomatoes.
The Assyrtiko grape, which is indigenous to Greece, produces vibrant white wines that go well with tangy flavors, like in the sauce served with these lamb chops. Try the lemony white from Santorini or a bright, dry white from Macedonia.