- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 8 double-cut lamb chops (about 4 1/4 pounds)
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 English cucumber, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 2 tablespoons mint leaves, torn
- Flaky sea salt, such as Maldon, for serving
How to make this recipe
Rub 1 tablespoon of the oil all over the lamb chops and season generously with kosher salt and pepper. Let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, stir the cucumber with the lemon zest, lemon juice, raisins, pine nuts, mint and 1 tablespoon of the oil. Season with kosher salt and pepper.
Heat 2 large grill pans or cast-iron skillets over high heat. Divide the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil between the pans. Add the lamb and cook until nicely browned on both sides and an instant-read thermometer inserted in the center of a chop registers 125° for medium-rare, 12 minutes. Transfer the chops to plates; let rest for 5 minutes.
Sprinkle the lamb chops with flaky sea salt, spoon the cucumber relish on top and serve.