Grilled Lamb Bites with Black-Olive Oil
- SERVINGS: 8
Father's Office Santa Monica, CA
"This dish epitomizes the style of eating I love," says owner and chef Sang Yoon. "It's informal, easily shared and conducive to drinking and socializing because you just grab a skewer with your fingers." The grilled lamb and its luscious tapenade were inspired by Yoon's travels in southern Spain and North Africa.
- 1/2 cup pitted kalamata olives
- 1/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon sherry vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon finely chopped rosemary
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons sweet paprika
- 11/4 pounds boneless leg of lamb, cut into 1-inch cubes
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Light a grill or preheat a grill pan. In a blender, combine the olives with 1/3 cup of the olive oil and puree. Add the garlic, lemon zest, vinegar and rosemary and puree. Transfer to a serving bowl.
- In a medium bowl, mix the cumin, paprika and the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Add the lamb and turn to coat. Season with salt and pepper.
- Grill the lamb over high heat until medium-rare, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate and let stand for 5 minutes. Skewer each lamb cube with a toothpick. Transfer to a platter and serve with the black-olive oil.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.