- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for brushing
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon whole-grain mustard
- Kosher salt
- 1 bunch Tuscan kale (12 ounces)
- Four 1-inch-thick slices of ciabatta bread
- 1 garlic clove, halved lengthwise
- 1/2 cup pecorino cheese shavings
How to make this recipe
- Preheat a cast-iron grill pan. In a large bowl, whisk the yogurt with the 6 tablespoons of olive oil, the lemon juice and mustard. Season with salt and pepper.
- Working in 2 batches, grill the kale over moderate heat, turning, until lightly charred, about 3 minutes per batch. Transfer to a work surface. Discard the ribs and chop the kale. Add to the yogurt dressing and toss to coat evenly.
- Brush one side of each bread slice with oil and grill oil side down until golden, about 5 minutes. Rub the grilled sides with the cut garlic. Top with the kale and cheese and arrange on a platter. Serve warm.
The dressing can be refrigerated overnight.
Pair these easy toasts with a crisp and peppery Austrian white.