- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for brushing
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon whole-grain mustard
- Kosher salt
- 1 bunch Tuscan kale (12 ounces)
- Four 1-inch-thick slices of ciabatta bread
- 1 garlic clove, halved lengthwise
- 1/2 cup pecorino cheese shavings
How to make this recipe
Preheat a cast-iron grill pan. In a large bowl, whisk the yogurt with the 6 tablespoons of olive oil, the lemon juice and mustard. Season with salt and pepper.
Working in 2 batches, grill the kale over moderate heat, turning, until lightly charred, about 3 minutes per batch. Transfer to a work surface. Discard the ribs and chop the kale. Add to the yogurt dressing and toss to coat evenly.
Brush one side of each bread slice with oil and grill oil side down until golden, about 5 minutes. Rub the grilled sides with the cut garlic. Top with the kale and cheese and arrange on a platter. Serve warm.
The dressing can be refrigerated overnight.
Pair these easy toasts with a crisp and peppery Austrian white.