- Canola oil, for brushing
- 2 firm-ripe peaches, pitted and halved
- 2 firm-ripe plums, pitted and halved
- 2 limes, sliced 1/2-inch thick
- 1 blood orange, sliced 1/2-inch thick (or substitute any orange)
- 3 cups cubed seedless watermelon
- One 750ml bottle white wine, such as Sauvignon Blanc
- 2 cups white cranberry juice
- 3 ounces orange liqueur, such as Triple Sec or Curaçao
- 3 to 4 mint sprigs
- 1 rosemary sprig
How to make this recipe
Light a grill and oil the grate. Grill the peaches, plums and citrus slices cut side down over moderately high heat until lightly charred, about 4 minutes. Transfer the fruit to a work surface When the peaches and plums are cool enough to handle, cut into wedges.
In a large pitcher, muddle watermelon until it is a course puree. Add the white wine, cranberry juice and orange liqueur. Gently stir in the grilled fruit, mint and rosemary. Serve immediately over ice.