Grilled-Fruit Bruschetta with Honey Mascarpone
- ACTIVE: 45 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 1 HR
- SERVINGS: 8
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried lavender buds
- 4 large apricots, halved and pitted
- 4 nectarines, halved and pitted
- 1/2 pound sweet cherries, pitted
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons finely grated orange zest
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for brushing
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup mascarpone
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Eight 1-inch-thick slices of peasant bread
- 8 rosemary skewers, most of the leaves stripped off
- Put the sugar and lavender in a spice grinder and grind to a powder. In a large bowl, combine the lavender sugar with the apricots, nectarines, cherries, lemon juice, orange zest and 1 tablespoon of the olive oil. Toss well and season lightly with salt and pepper. Let stand for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, stir the mascarpone with the honey and season with pepper. Brush the bread slices on both sides with olive oil.
- Light a grill. Thread the fruit onto the rosemary skewers; reserve any juices in the bowl. Grill the bread over high heat until lightly charred and crisp, about 30 seconds per side. Grill the fruit skewers over moderate heat, basting a few times with the reserved juices, until lightly charred and just tender, about 4 minutes per side.
- Spread the honey mascarpone on the grilled bread and halve each slice. Transfer to a platter. Slide the fruit off the skewers onto the bread, drizzle some of the juices over the fruit and serve.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.