Grilled Fontina and Vegetable Antipasti
- TOTAL TIME: 30 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
For an extra-savory sandwich, add a touch of grated Parmesan cheese.
- 8 1/2-inch-thick slices of peasant bread
- 2 tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil
- 12 ounces imported Fontina, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup roasted red peppers (4 ounces), finely chopped
- 1/2 cup marinated artichokes (4 ounces), drained and finely chopped
- 2 pickled jalapeños, seeded and thinly sliced
- Brush the bread with the olive oil and arrange, oiled side down, on a work surface. Top half of the slices with the Fontina, red peppers, artichokes and pickled jalapeños. Close the sandwiches.
- Preheat a skillet or panini press. Grill the sandwiches over low heat until the bread is toasted and the cheese is melted, 10 minutes. If using a skillet, press the sandwiches with a spatula and flip them halfway through. Cut in half and serve right away.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.