Grilled Flank Steak with Sichuan Peppercorns
- ACTIVE: 10 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 35 MIN
- SERVINGS: 10
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Sichuan peppercorns
- 3 tablespoons dry white wine
- 2 1/2 tablespoons Chinese black beangarlic sauce
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- Three 1 1/4-pound flank steaks
- In a small skillet, toast the peppercorns over moderately high heat until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Transfer to a spice grinder and let cool completely. Grind to a powder and transfer to a small bowl. Stir in the wine, black beangarlic sauce and sugar.
- Light a grill. Arrange the steaks on a baking sheet and rub them all over with the sauce. Let stand for 10 minutes.
- Season the flank steaks lightly with salt. Grill over moderately high heat, turning once, until the steaks are medium-rare, about 8 minutes. Transfer the steaks to a work surface and let rest for 5 minutes. Thinly slice the meat across the grain and serve.
Peppery, berry-rich Washington Syrah.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.