- 24 small fresh black figs, halved
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons minced rosemary
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 pound arugula, large stems discarded
- 2 cups flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 3/4 pound thinly sliced imported Italian prosciutto, preferably San Daniele
- Light a grill or preheat a grill pan. Grill half the figs, cut side down, for 1 to 2 minutes, or until lightly charred.
- In a large bowl, combine the olive oil, balsamic vinegar and rosemary. Season the dressing with salt and pepper. Add the arugula, parsley and the grilled figs and toss with the dressing.
- Arrange the prosciutto slices on plates. Top with the arugula salad and the fresh figs and serve.
NotesIf you cannot find fresh figs, grilled apricots would be a great substitute. Halve and pit each fruit, then brush the cut side with olive oil and grill.