- 24 small fresh black figs, halved
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons minced rosemary
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 pound arugula, large stems discarded
- 2 cups flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 3/4 pound thinly sliced imported Italian prosciutto, preferably San Daniele
How to make this recipe
Light a grill or preheat a grill pan. Grill half the figs, cut side down, for 1 to 2 minutes, or until lightly charred.
In a large bowl, combine the olive oil, balsamic vinegar and rosemary. Season the dressing with salt and pepper. Add the arugula, parsley and the grilled figs and toss with the dressing.
Arrange the prosciutto slices on plates. Top with the arugula salad and the fresh figs and serve.
If you cannot find fresh figs, grilled apricots would be a great substitute. Halve and pit each fruit, then brush the cut side with olive oil and grill.