- 1 pound very fresh fava beans in the pods, rinsed
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced crosswise
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper or Chinese chile sauce
- Kosher salt
- Lemon wedges, for serving
Light a grill. In a large bowl, toss the fava bean pods with the olive oil. Grill the favas over high heat for about 5 minutes, turning occasionally, until softened and charred in spots. Return the beans to the bowl and toss with the scallion, crushed red pepper and salt. Transfer to a platter and serve with lemon wedges.