Grilled Eggplants with Cumin Yogurt Sauce
- TOTAL TIME: 30 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Four 6-ounce Japanese eggplants, halved lengthwise
- 1 1/2 cups plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped basil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Light a grill. In a small bowl, combine the olive oil with the lemon juice, soy sauce, curry powder and crushed red pepper. Put the eggplant halves on a rimmed baking sheet, cut sides up, and coat generously with the marinade. Let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix the yogurt with the basil, cumin, garlic and lemon zest. Season the yogurt sauce with salt and pepper.
- Grill the eggplants, cut sides down, over a medium fire, until they are lightly charred and tender, about 4 minutes per side. Serve the grilled eggplants with the yogurt sauce.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.