- Two 1-pound eggplants, sliced lengthwise 1/2 inch thick
- 1 large jalapeño
- Vegetable oil, for brushing
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 5 medium tomatoes, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced into rings
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- Grilled flatbread, for serving
- Light a grill. Brush the eggplant slices and the jalapeño all over with oil and season with salt. Grill the eggplant over moderate heat until nicely charred and tender, about 4 minutes per side. Transfer the eggplant to a work surface and let cool. Grill the jalapeño, turning, until charred and almost tender, about 4 minutes. Peel and seed the jalapeño, then finely chop it. Cut the eggplant into 1/2-inch dice.
- In a large bowl, combine the cilantro, vinegar and garlic. Add the eggplant, jalapeño, tomatoes and onion, season with salt and toss. Garnish with the walnuts and serve with grilled flatbread.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.