- 1 1/2 pounds small eggplants, sliced 1 inch thick
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 ounces baby arugula (4 packed cups)
- 4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled (1 cup)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
How to make this recipe
Light a grill. Brush the eggplant slices with 3 tablespoons of the olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill the slices over moderately high heat until softened and lightly charred in spots, about 10 minutes. Let cool slightly, then cut each slice into bite-size pieces.
In a large bowl, whisk the balsamic vinegar and lemon juice with the remaining 3 tablespoons of olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Add the eggplant, cherry tomatoes, arugula, feta cheese and mint; toss gently and serve.