- Two 1-pound eggplants, cut lengthwise into thirds
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 36 thin green beans
- 1 tablespoon sun-dried tomato paste or pesto
- 1/2 cup fresh goat cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 6 cups packed watercress, thick stems discarded
- 6 sun-dried tomato halves, coarsely chopped
How to make this recipe
Light a grill. Brush the eggplant with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill over moderate heat until lightly charred and just tender, about 10 minutes.
In a saucepan of boiling, salted water, cook the beans until they are crisp-tender, 3 minutes. Drain and pat dry. In a bowl, toss the beans with the sun-dried tomato paste and season with salt and pepper. Arrange the eggplant slices on a work surface. Bundle 6 green beans at one end of each slice and roll into cylinders. Transfer the <em>involtini</em> to plates, seam side down.
In a small bowl, whisk the goat cheese with the vinegar. Add 5 tablespoons of olive oil, whisking until smooth. Season the dressing with salt and pepper.
In a large bowl, toss the watercress with the sun-dried tomatoes. Add 1/4 cup of the goat cheese dressing and toss to coat. Mound the salad beside the <em>involtini</em>. Spoon the remaining goat cheese dressing over the <em>involtini</em> and serve right away.