- 2 medium eggplants (about 2 pounds total)
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon plain yogurt
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 ounces soft goat cheese
- 1 to 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped flat-leaf parsley
How to make this recipe
- Light a grill or preheat the broiler. Pierce the eggplant in several places with a fork and grill over a medium-low fire or broil as far from the heat as possible for 20 to 30 minutes, turning occasionally, until the eggplants are tender throughout when pierced. Let cool slightly.
- Halve the eggplants lengthwise and scoop the flesh into a food processor. Add the garlic, tahini, lemon juice and yogurt and pulse to combine; season with salt and pepper. Transfer the dip to a serving bowl and refrigerate until chilled, about 1 hour. Top with the goat cheese, sprinkle with the chopped parsley and serve.
The eggplant dip can be refrigerated overnight.
Contributed By Deborah Larsson and Claire McKean and Christer Larsson and Jim McKean Published August 1998