- 1 large eggplant, sliced inch thick
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoon ancho powder
- 2 teaspoon Mexican oregano, coarsely chopped
- 2 1/2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 pound feta cheese, crumbled
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
How to make this recipe
Preheat grill. Brush eggplant with oil and grill about 4 minutes on each side, or until soft with visible marks. Meanwhile, in a bowl, whisk together the olive oil, garlic, chile powder, oregano and vinegar until emulsified.
Remove eggplant from grill and cut into 1/2 inch dice. In a bowl, combine eggplant with onion and toss with dressing. Crumble feta over salad.