© Marie Hennechart
Grilled Dandelion Salad with Pancetta-Wrapped Figs
- TOTAL TIME: 30 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
When chef Matt Molina saw the fireplace at figs cooked right in the fire.
More Great Salads
- 24 very thin slices of pancetta (about 1/2 pound)
- 12 fresh Mission figs, halved lengthwise
- 6 ounces dandelion greens, tough stems discarded
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- One 1-ounce piece Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- Aged balsamic vinegar, for drizzling
- Light a grill. Wrap a slice of pancetta around each fig half and secure with a toothpick. Grill the figs over medium heat, turning, until the pancetta is crisp all over, about 5 minutes total. Transfer to a work surface and discard the toothpicks.
- In a bowl, drizzle the dandelion greens with olive oil until lightly coated and toss. Season the greens with salt and pepper. Arrange the greens across the grill grates and cook, turning gently, until lightly charred and wilted, about 1 minute. Transfer the greens to plates and top with the fig halves. Using a vegetable peeler, shave the cheese over the salads. Drizzle with olive oil and balsamic vinegar and serve right away.