Grilled Corn with Creole Butter
- TOTAL TIME:
- SERVINGS: 6
The fiery Creole butter would also be delicious with grilled fish and steaks.
- 7 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon minced red bell pepper
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped basil
- 1 teaspoon minced jalapeño
- Kosher salt and cracked pepper
- 6 ears of corn, shucked
- Vegetable oil, for brushing
- In a small bowl, blend the butter with the bell pepper, basil, jalapeño and a generous pinch each of salt and pepper. Wrap the butter in plastic, forming it into a 4-inch log and refrigerate until firm, about 3 hours or for up to 3 days.
- Light a grill. Lightly brush the corn with oil and grill over moderately high heat, turning, until tender and charred all over, 10 to 12 minutes. Slice the butter into pats and serve with the corn.