Grilled Corn with Chipotle Butter
- TOTAL TIME: 20 MIN
- SERVINGS: 8
For Mario Batali, the contrast of sweet corn and spicy chipotles reminds him of the unbeatable combination of tortilla chips and salsa. This dish is incredibly simple to make, especially because the rich, spicy butter can be prepared ahead of time.
- 1 1/2 sticks (6 ounces) unsalted butter, softened
- 2 canned chipotle chiles—stemmed, seeded and minced, plus 1 tablespoon sauce from the can
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 8 ears of corn, shucked
- Light a grill. In a medium bowl, blend the butter with the chipotle, adobo sauce and garlic and season with salt and pepper. Let stand at room temperature.
- Grill the corn over a medium-hot fire, turning often, until nicely browned, about 12 minutes. Serve the corn hot off the grill with the chipotle butter.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.