Grilled Corn with Chiles, Cheese and Lime
- ACTIVE: 20 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 2 HRS 30 MIN
- SERVINGS: 8
- 6 cups water
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- Kosher salt
- 8 ears of fresh corn, husked
- 1 lime, halved
- 1/2 cup grated Cotija (see Note) or Pecorino Romano cheese
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 fresh hot red chile or jalapeño, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon pure chile powder
- Freshly ground pepper
- In a large bowl, mix the water with the sugar and 1/4 cup of salt. Add the corn and let soak for 2 hours or overnight, turning occasionally.
- Light a grill. Drain the corn and grill over high heat until lightly browned in spots and tender, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Transfer the corn to a large bowl and squeeze the lime all over. Add the cheese, scallions, fresh chile and chile powder and toss until evenly coated. Season with salt and pepper and toss again. Transfer the corn to a platter, scrape any cheese mixture on top and serve.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.