- 1 gallon water
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup salt
- 6 ears shucked corn
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Aleppo pepper flakes
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 1 teaspoon minced shallot
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 6 tablespoons crumbled Cotija or feta cheese
- Light a grill. In a large saucepan, bring 1 gallon water to a boil with 1/4 cup sugar and 1/4 cup salt. Add 6 ears shucked corn; blanch for 1 minute. Drain the corn.
- In a small bowl, whisk 1 large egg yolk with 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar, 1 teaspoon Aleppo pepper flakes, 1 minced garlic clove and 1 teaspoon minced shallot. Gradually whisk in cup vegetable oil until thick. Whisk in 1 teaspoon honey and season with salt.
- Grill the corn over high heat, turning a few times, until nicely charred all over, about 5 minutes. Transfer the corn to a platter and spread it with the aioli. Sprinkle with 6 tablespoons crumbled Cotija or feta cheese and serve hot.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.