- 1 Scotch bonnet chile, stemmed and seeded
- 6 scallions, chopped
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 1/4 teaspoons thyme leaves
- 10 whole allspice berries
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 8 ears of corn, shucked
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 2 limes, quartered
How to make this recipe
Light a grill or heat a grill pan. In a food processor, combine the chile, scallions, onion, garlic, thyme, allspice and salt and puree until smooth. Whisk
1/2 cup of this fresh jerk sauce into the mayonnaise; reserve the rest for another use.
Grill the corn over moderate heat until lightly charred, 12 to 15 minutes. Spread the jerk mayo all over the corn; transfer to a platter. Shower the corn with the coconut and serve with lime wedges.