- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 star anise pods, broken
- 1 rosemary sprig
- 1 cinnamon stick, broken
- 1 pound large shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Olive oil, for brushing
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Light a grill. In a shallow bowl, combine the lime, orange and pineapple juices, the sugar, star anise, rosemary and cinnamon. Add the shrimp and toss to coat; cover and refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- Remove the shrimp from the marinade. Put the marinade in a small saucepan, add the crushed red pepper and boil over high heat until reduced to 1/3 cup, about 8 minutes. Strain into a bowl.
- Brush the shrimp with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill over a hot fire until nicely charred, 1 minute per side. Add the shrimp to the sauce, toss and serve at once.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.