Grilled Chorizos with Salsa
- TOTAL TIME: 40 MIN
- SERVINGS: 12
These Chilean crostini give guests something to snack on while they're waiting for their grilled steaks and pork chops.
- 4 large plum tomatoes (1 pound), finely chopped
- 2 medium onions, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced cilantro
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 12 crusty rolls (2 ounces each), split
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for brushing
- 6 small chorizos (1 1/4 pounds)
- In a medium bowl, mix the tomatoes, onions, cilantro, garlic, jalapeño and lemon juice and season with salt.
- Light a grill or preheat a grill pan. Brush the rolls with olive oil and toast them on the grill or in the grill pan over moderate heat. Grill the chorizos until browned, about 20 minutes. Let the chorizos cool slightly, then cut each on the diagonal into 12 thin slices. Top each roll half with 3 slices of chorizo and 1 tablespoon of salsa and serve.
The strong, spicy flavors of chorizo call for a big red, such as a powerful, fruity Chilean Malbec.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.