© Tina Rupp
Grilled Chinese Chicken Salad
- TOTAL TIME: 30 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken thighs
- 1/4 cup Ginger-Miso Spice Paste
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 pound snow peas
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 scallions, cut into thin 1-inch julienne strips
- 10 ounces shredded coleslaw mix (4 cups)
- Light a grill. Make 1/4-inch-deep slashes in the chicken thighs. In a bowl, combine 2 tablespoons of the spice paste with 2 tablespoons of the oil and spread it all over the chicken. Grill the chicken over high heat until cooked through, 7 to 8 minutes. Let cool, then cut the chicken into thin strips.
- Meanwhile, bring a small saucepan of salted water to a boil. Add the snow peas and blanch for 1 minute. Drain and rinse under cold water; pat dry. Slice in half lengthwise. In a large bowl, whisk the remaining 2 tablespoons of paste with the lime juice and the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil. Season with salt. Add the snow peas, scallions, coleslaw mix and chicken, toss well and serve.
Zesty, limey Riesling.