© Tina Rupp
Grilled Chili-Rubbed Flank Steak
- TOTAL TIME: 30 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
Amazing Steak Recipes
- 1 large garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon chopped red onion
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- One 1 1/2-pound flank steak
- 10 lime wedges
- 3 1/2 ounces Monterey Jack cheese, shredded (1 cup)
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- Twelve 6-inch corn tortillas, warmed
- In a processor, pulse the garlic with the onion, lime juice, chili powder, salt and cumin. With the machine on, slowly drizzle in the olive oil until a wet paste forms. Rub the paste all over the steak.
- Light a grill or preheat a grill pan. Grill the steak over a medium-high fire for 10 minutes, turning once, until an instant-read thermometer inserted in the thickest part registers 125° to 130° for medium rare. Transfer the steak to a cutting board and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Cut the steak across the grain into 1/4-inch-thick slices. Arrange the meat on a platter. Squeeze 2 lime wedges over the steak slices, then top with the shredded cheese and cilantro. Serve with the warm corn tortillas and the remaining lime wedges.