- 3 medium tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken thighs
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 12 corn tortillas, warmed
- Shredded Monterey Jack cheese, jarred salsa verde and chopped avocados, onions, tomatoes and cilantro, for serving
How to make this recipe
- In a blender, puree the tomatoes with the lime juice, water and salt. Transfer the puree to a large resealable plastic bag and add the chicken thighs. Seal the bag, pressing out the air. Refrigerate the chicken for 6 hours or overnight.
- Light a grill or preheat a grill pan. Remove the chicken thighs from the marinade and pat them dry. Brush with the oil and sprinkle with the paprika and parsley. Grill over moderately high heat, turning occasionally, until the chicken is lightly charred and cooked through, about 15 minutes. Transfer the chicken to a work surface and let stand for 5 minutes. Cut the chicken thighs into strips and serve with the warmed tortillas, cheese, salsa verde, avocados, onions, tomatoes and cilantro.
The grilled chicken can be refrigerated overnight.
Fruity, berry-rich California Pinot Noir.