Grilled Chicken Paillards with Cilantro-Mint Dressing
- TOTAL TIME: 25 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
- 1 cup lightly packed cilantro leaves
- 1/4 cup lightly packed mint leaves
- 1 garlic clove, smashed
- 1 jalapeño, sliced (with seeds)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons grapeseed or canola oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- Four 6-ounce skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, tenders removed and reserved for another use
- Light a grill or preheat a cast-iron grill pan. In a blender or food processor, combine the cilantro, mint, garlic, jalapeño and sugar and pulse until chopped. Add the water, lime juice and 1 1/2 tablespoons of the grapeseed oil and process until fairly smooth; season with salt and pepper.
- Lightly pound the breasts to an even 1/2-inch thickness. Brush the chicken with the remaining 1/2 tablespoon of grapeseed oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill over a moderately hot fire, turning once, until lightly charred and cooked through, about 6 minutes. Transfer the chicken to plates, spoon some of the dressing on top and serve, passing extra dressing on the side.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.