- 4 large bone-in chicken breasts, with skin (about 2 pounds)
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 large shallot, very finely chopped
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons fresh oregano leaves
How to make this recipe
- Light a grill or preheat a grill pan. Season the chicken breasts liberally with salt and pepper. Grill the breasts over moderately high heat, turning occasionally, until the chicken is lightly charred and cooked through, about 20 to 25 minutes. Transfer the chicken to a work surface and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, add the lemon juice, shallot and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Let the juice stand for 10 minutes. Whisk in the olive oil, then add the oregano. Season to taste. Serve the chicken with the oregano-shallot vinaigrette sauce on the side.
The seasoned chicken can be kept in the refrigerator uncovered for up to two days. Bring to room temperature before grilling.