Grilled Chicken Martinique Style
- SERVINGS: 8
The chicken needs to marinate for four hours, so plan accordingly.
- 3 large garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
- 2 shallots, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 tablespoon thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- Finely grated zest of 1 lime
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 7 pounds chicken parts
- Lime wedges, for serving
- In a mini food processor, pulse the garlic with the shallots until finely chopped. Add the curry, thyme, nutmeg, lime zest and cayenne and pulse until blended. Add the oil and process to a smooth paste. Transfer the paste to a bowl, whisk in the lime juice and season with salt and pepper.
- Using a skewer, poke several holes in the skin of each piece of chicken. Rub the curry paste all over the chicken and spread the pieces out on 2 large rimmed baking sheets. Refrigerate for 4 to 6 hours. Let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes before grilling.
- Light the grill. Cook the chicken pieces over a moderately hot fire, turning occasionally, for about 35 minutes, or until browned and cooked through. Serve with lime wedges.
The smoky grilled flavors in this chicken dish make beer a perfect match. Pick a light lager style from the Caribbean, such as Red Stripe from Jamaica or Carib from Trinidad.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.