- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon minced rosemary
- 3 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground pepper
- Four 6-ounce skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1/2 cup diced whole wheat bread (1/2-inch)
- 1 1/2 ounces Canadian bacon, cut into 1/2-inch dice (1/2 cup)
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Two 6-ounce bunches of watercress, thick stems discarded
- 1/4 cup walnut pieces
How to make this recipe
- Preheat the oven to 400°. In a large dish, combine the garlic with the rosemary, 1 tablespoon of the olive oil and 1 teaspoon of pepper. Add the chicken and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Light a grill or preheat a grill pan. Spread the diced bread on a pie plate and bake for 5 minutes. In a small nonstick skillet, heat 1 teaspoon of the olive oil. Add the Canadian bacon and raisins and cook over moderately high heat until the bacon is browned, 1 minute. Transfer to a small plate. Add 1 tablespoon of the vinegar to the skillet, then scrape it onto the plate.
- In a small bowl, mix the mustard with the lemon juice, remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil and 1 tablespoon of vinegar; season with salt and pepper.
- Season the chicken with salt and grill over a hot fire until lightly charred and just cooked, about 4 minutes per side. Transfer to a carving board.
- In a large bowl, combine the watercress, walnuts, croutons, Canadian bacon and raisins. Add the dressing and toss to coat. Cut each breast into 3 crosswise pieces on the bias. Mound the salad on plates, top with the chicken and serve.
One Serving 433 cal, 20 gm fat, 2.8 gm saturated fat, 18 gm carb, 3 gm fiber.