- 3 chorizo sausages (6 ounces), thinly sliced on the diagonal
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 8 slices of sourdough bread, cut from a pullman loaf
- 6 ounces Pepper Jack cheese, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons drained and sliced pickled jalapeños
- 6 ounces Havarti cheese, thinly sliced
In a large skillet, cook the sliced chorizo over moderately high heat, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned, about 3 minutes. Drain the chorizo on paper towels and wipe out the skillet.
Butter the bread on 1 side and turn 4 slices buttered side down on a work surface. Top with Pepper Jack, chorizo, pickled jalapeños and Havarti. Close the sandwiches with the remaining bread slices, turning the buttered side up.
Preheat 2 large skillets. Add the sandwiches and cook over moderate heat, turning once, until the bread is golden and crisp, about 8 minutes. Cut the sandwiches in half and serve.