- 8 slices of pumpernickel bread
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup mango chutney
- 1/2 Granny Smith apple—peeled, cored and coarsely shredded
- 8 ounces thinly sliced sharp cheddar cheese
- 8 ounces thinly sliced Virginia ham
How to make this recipe
- Spread the bread with the butter and arrange, buttered side down, on a work surface. Spread each slice with the mango chutney. Top half of the slices with the apple, cheddar and ham and close the sandwiches.
- Preheat a skillet or panini press. Grill the sandwiches over low heat until the bread is toasted and the cheese is melted, about 10 minutes. If using a skillet, press the sandwiches with a spatula and flip them halfway through. Cut in half and serve right away.