- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup unseasoned rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons shio kombu
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 1 tablespoon minced peeled fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon dark soy sauce
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons unseasoned rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons packed dill
- 2 tablespoons packed parsley
- 2 tablespoons packed tarragon
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt
- One 2 1/2-pound head of Savoy cabbage, cut through the core into 8 wedges
- 1/2 Savoy cabbage
How to make this recipe
- Make the seaweed anchoïade In a medium bowl, whisk all of the ingredients together. Let stand at room temperature for about 20 minutes.
- Make the dill sauce In a blender, combine all of the ingredients except the salt and pepper and puree until smooth. Scrape into a bowl and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook the cabbage In a large saucepan, steam the cabbage over boiling water, covered, until just tender, about 12 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
- Light a grill or preheat a grill pan. Brush the cabbage wedges with olive oil and season generously with salt and pepper. Grill over high heat, turning once, until lightly charred, about 8 minutes. Transfer the cabbage wedges to a platter and serve with the seaweed anchoïade and dill sauce.
Pair this dish with an herb- and citrus-scented Sauvignon Blanc.