Grilled Broccoli with Chipotle-Lime Butter and Queso Fresco
- TOTAL TIME: 25 MIN
- SERVINGS: 8
If you've never tried grilling broccoli, you are definitely missing out: The vegetable becomes tender and deliciously charred. Tossing the broccoli with a butter flavored with lime zest, honey and smoky chipotle Tabasco makes it luscious.
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- Finely grated zest and juice of 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon Tabasco Chipotle Sauce
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 garlic clove, finely grated on a Microplane
- 4 heads of broccoli—stems trimmed, cut into large florets
- Olive oil, for drizzling
- 1 cup crumbled queso fresco (see Note)
- In a bowl, stir the softened butter with the lime zest, lime juice, Tabasco, honey and garlic and season lightly with salt.
- Light a grill. Drizzle the broccoli florets with olive oil and season with salt. Grill over moderately high heat, turning the florets occasionally, until crisp-tender and lightly charred, about 8 minutes.
- Transfer the broccoli to a platter and toss with the lime butter. Garnish with the queso fresco and serve.
The chipotle-lime butter can be refrigerated overnight. Soften it at room temperature before using.Notes
Queso fresco is a creamy, crumbly white cheese from Mexico that can be found at specialty food shops. Farmers’ cheese is a fine substitute.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.