- 3 pounds broccoli, ends trimmed
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 12 oil-packed anchovy fillets, drained
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon minced rosemary
How to make this recipe
- Light a grill. Bring a medium pot of water fitted with a steamer insert to a boil. Cut the heads of broccoli lengthwise into quarters, leaving the florets attached to the long stem. Peel the stems. Steam the broccoli until bright green, about 5 minutes. Transfer the broccoli to a large bowl and toss with 2 tablespoons of the olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a blender or a mini processor, combine the anchovies, lemon juice and rosemary and puree until smooth. With the blender on, slowly pour in the remaining 1/2 cup of olive oil. Season the anchovy sauce with salt and pepper.
- Grill the broccoli over high heat, turning, until lightly charred all over, about 5 minutes. Transfer the broccoli to a platter and drizzle with some of the dressing. Serve the remaining dressing on the side.
The dressing can be refrigerated for up to 2 days.
One Serving 270 cal, 25 gm fat, 3.5 gm sat fat, 12 gm carb, 6 gm fiber.