- 1 1/2 ounces rice vermicelli
- Twelve 8-inch round rice paper wrappers
- 1/4 cup chopped basil leaves
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves
- 1/4 cup mint leaves
- 1 large carrot, finely shredded
- 2 Persian cucumbers, cut into long matchsticks
- 6 ounces very thinly sliced leftover Grilled Rib Eye or deli roast beef
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons Asian fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha
How to make this recipe
- Soak the rice vermicelli in boiling water until opaque and softened, 10 minutes. Drain, rinse and squeeze dry.
- Fill a medium skillet with hot water. Soak 3 rice paper wrappers at a time in the water for 30 seconds, until just pliable. Transfer to a work surface and blot dry. Top each wrapper with some noodles, herbs, carrot, cucumber and beef. Tightly roll up the wrappers around the filling, tucking in the sides as you roll. Repeat with the remaining fillings.
- In a bowl, stir together the lime juice, fish sauce, sugar, garlic, Sriracha and 2 tablespoons of water. Serve the rolls with the dipping sauce.
A lightly chilled red wine is great with cool summer dishes, like these rolls.