© Tina Rupp
Grilled Balsamic-and-Garlic Flank Steak
- ACTIVE: 10 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 40 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4 to 6
More Amazing Steaks
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large garlic clove
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme leaves
- One 2 1/2-pound flank steak
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- In a blender, combine the vinegar, oil, garlic and thyme and puree until smooth. In a large glass or ceramic dish, pour the marinade over the steak. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Heat a grill pan. Season the steak with salt and pepper. Grill over moderately high heat, turning once, until medium, about 8 minutes per side. Transfer the steak to a board and let stand for 10 minutes. Slice the steak, transfer to plates and serve.
This flavorful steak demands a weighty red with good acidity. The Carmenère grape from Chile is a great pick.