- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 pound medium asparagus, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 6 large eggs
- 6 cups baby arugula
- 3/4 cup freshly shaved Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese (about 2 1/2 ounces)
- In a small bowl, whisk 3 tablespoons of the olive oil with the lemon juice and mustard. Season with salt and pepper.
- Light a grill or preheat a grill pan. In a large bowl, toss the asparagus with the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill the asparagus over high heat until tender and charred in spots, about 5 minutes; keep warm.
- Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, melt the butter over moderate heat. Working in batches if necessary, cook the eggs sunny-side up until the whites are firm and the yolks runny, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a bowl, toss the arugula with the lemon vinaigrette and transfer the salad to plates. Top with the asparagus, fried eggs and cheese shavings and serve at once.
Contributed By Mark Broadbent Photo © Tina Rupp Published