- 1 pound asparagus
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for brushing
- Freshly ground pepper
- 4 lightly packed cups mesclun
- 1 seedless cucumber, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup drained and rinsed canned chickpeas
- 1/2 cup pitted kalamata olives, coarsely chopped (3 ounces)
- 8 ounces sharp white cheddar, cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 3 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon grainy mustard
- 1 tablespoon chopped tarragon
- 3 cups pita chips
How to make this recipe
Light a grill or preheat a grill pan. Brush the asparagus with oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill over high heat, turning, until tender, about 5 minutes. Let cool, then cut the asparagus into 1-inch pieces.
In a large bowl, toss the mesclun with the grilled asparagus, cucumber, tomatoes, chickpeas, olives and cheese.
In a bowl, whisk the orange juice, lemon juice, vinegar, both mustards and a pinch of salt and pepper. Gradually whisk in the 1/2 cup of oil until emulsified; add the tarragon. Pour the dressing over the salad and toss. Garnish with pita chips and serve.