Grilled Asparagus Bruschetta
- SERVINGS: 10
Savory prosciutto, creamy cheese and grilled asparagus make a simple but delicious bruschetta. If you can find Teleme, a quintessential California soft cheese, so much the better.
- 10 medium asparagus spears, trimmed to 6-inch lengths
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Ten 1/2-inch-thick diagonal slices cut from a large baguette
- 3/4 cup fresh ricotta cheese or 5 ounces Teleme cheese
- 10 thin slices of prosciutto
- Heat a grill pan or cast-iron skillet. Brush the asparagus with oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill over moderate heat, turning occasionally, until crisp-tender and blackened in spots, about 8 minutes. Transfer to a work surface and halve them crosswise.
- Brush the bread slices on both sides with olive oil and grill over moderate heat until golden, about 1 minute per side.
- Spread the cheese on the toasts and cover with the prosciutto. Cross 2 asparagus halves on top of each bruschetta, season with pepper and serve immediately.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.